Free School Meals
All Infant School children receive a free school lunch however it is still important to apply for "Free School Meals" through the Leicestershire County Council if you are entitled to do so as this enables our school to vital "Pupil Premium" funding.
Pupil Premium is additional funding given to publicly funded schools in England to raise attainment. For more information on how we spend our Pupil Premium allocation and the impact it has please click here.
If you complete an application and your child is entitled to "Free School Meal", we will support your child further by providing the following:
Uniform Package comprising:
- Squad Jacket
- 2 x Jumpers (Cardigan or Sweatshirt)
- a full PE kit
- a PE Bag
- a Book Bag
- This would cost you over £60 per year to purchase yourselves.
Free School Milk:
- 189ml serving of milk each day, every school day.
- After your child's 5th birthday this would cost you around £41.80 per year.
Reduction of costs for trips / residential visit during the school year.
You can claim "Free School Meals" for your child if you receive one of the "Qualifying Benefits" listed below:
- Job Seekers Allowance (Income Based)
- Income Support (IS)
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income Based)
- Child Tax Credit, provided the annual taxable income, as assessed by the Inland Revenue is not in excess of £16,190. Families who also receive an award of Working Tax Credit do not qualify to claim for free school meals
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Children who receive Income Support (IS) or Income Based Jobseekers allowance in their own right are also entitled to receive free school meals
- Temporary qualification for free school meals: From 1st May 2009 where a parent has been entitled to Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after their employment ceases, or after they start to work less than 16 hours per week, they will be eligible to claim free school meals over that period.
To apply you MUST complete a hard copy application form (copy below) and send it to Leicestershire County Council. Information on applying can be found by clicking here or contacting School Food Support:
- Telephone: 0116 3056588 / 0116 3057093
- Postal address: School Food Support Service, Room 400, County Hall, Glenfield, Leicestershire, LE3 8RB
If you have any queries please pop into the school office where we will be happy to help you.