Welcome to the Year 2 web page.
Staff who work in Year 2 are:
- Mrs Lissaman & Mrs Elliott (Class LE) - Supported by Mrs Walkden
- Mrs Broom (Class AB) - Supported by Mrs Thompson
- Mr Mayhew (Class OM) - Supported by Miss Cooke
This half terms topic is 'Our local area' and we will be visiting Thurmaston village. In our PE sessions we will be learning to play tag rugby. The Year 2 "Medium Term Plans" will be loaded onto the website each term. They can be viewed in the "Learning" Section of our website, or by clicking here.
Our PE sessions are on Monday and Thursday - please ensure all jewellery is removed.
Here is our list of recommended books to read in Year Two (Some of these books will be to share with an adult):
- The Twits by Roald Dahl
- Mr Gum by Andy Stanton
- The Worst Witch by Jill Murphy
- Mr Majeika by Humphrey Carpenter
- The Day The Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt
- The Adventures of Captain Underpants by Dav Pilkey
- Nim’s Island by Wendy Orr
- Supertato by Sue Hendra
- Mr Wolf's Pancakes by Jill Fernley
- The Owl who was Afraid of the Dark by Jill Tomlinson
We would also highly recommend that children have access to traditional tales as this will develop their language and understanding of story structures.
e.g Rumpelstiltskin, The Magic Paint Brush, Beauty and the Beast and The Moon in the Pond
You can also see our Year 2 Gallery by clicking here.
You can follow us on twitter @CHISthurmaston