Welcome to the Foundation Base.
Staff who work in Foundation Stage are:
- Miss Jeffery (Class JJ)
- Mrs Purnell & Mrs Borman (Class PB)
- Mrs Basigara (Class BB)
- Support Staff – Mrs Parker-Bates
What have we been getting up to? Visit our Photo Galleries!
Helping at home - click on the pencil to find out how you could be helping your child.
Toys in school
We would like to ask all parents to ensure that their child does not bring any toys, jewellery, novelty key rings or other personal/ expensive items into school (excluding jewellery worn for religious reasons).
We cannot take responsibility for any personal items that are lost or damaged in the FS Base.
We do PE on a Monday in Foundation Stage.
Your child will need a NAMED PE kit in school:
White t shirt
All children need to remove earrings on PE days.
Lots of information to help you support your child as they learn to read and write.
Click here for topic advice
Our new topic is: Superheroes
|Click here for a list of books to support our current topic|
We base our learning around a topic, and we change our topic every 3 weeks. You can find details of what we will be learning in each topic on our medium term plans - click here to find out more!
Our first topic in Foundation Stage this year will be Superheroes
Remember to use the internet safely! Smartie the Penguin says "Before you tap and click you need to stop and think - and tell someone!"
Practise your sounds with the Alphablocks!
(for handheld devices you will need to download the Cbeebies Playtime app)
Practise your Maths with the Numberblocks!
Here are some lovely books to share at home to support our new topic.
"Supertato!" by Sue Hendra
"Super Daisy and the peril of Planet Pea!" By Kes Gray and Nick Sharratt
"Superworm" by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler
"Traction Man" by Mini Grey
Every week we practise a word in the classroom, and practise reading and writing it in sentences.
Word of the Week will start when the children are in full time, and will be updated weekly on here.
Each child will be given a communication book for you to use, which will be kept in their book bags and needs to be given to the class teacher when there is a message! You can communicate anything you would like us to know. This can be;
- A celebration of an acheivement, like a swimming certificate, or of a special day in your family that your child may want to share with us.
- Information about your child, such as who is collecting them at the end of the day.
- Quick questions about how your child is doing at school and how you can help them at home.
If you have written something in your child's book, please hand it to your child's teacher in the morning. We will also use it to communicate with you, especially if your child is collected by an after school club.
Your child will receive homework every Friday. Please have this completed and handed in by the following Wednesday. Homework will either be phonics, maths or topic related and will be relevant to your child's current learning. Homework is a great way for you to get involved with your child's learning at home, and is a great discussion point for us at school.
These are some fantastic books that we know the children love in Foundation Stage which you may wish to share at home:
- The Tiger who Came to Tea by Judith Kerr
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- Farmer Duck by Martin Waddell
- Percy the Park Keeper by Nick Butterworth
- Winnie the Witch by Valerie Thomas
- Aliens Love Underpants by Claire Freedman
- The Jolly Postman by Allan Ahlberg
- The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson
- Lost and Found by Oliver Jeffers
- We're Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen
- Commotion in the Ocean by Giles Andrae
In Foundation Stage, we also enjoy reading traditional tales such as Goldilocks and the Three Bears, The Three Billy Goats Gruff and The Three Little Pigs. Traditional tales are an important aspect within our school curriculum so it is beneficial for children to be familiar with these stories.