Admission Arrangements for September 2017 Onwards
Our Planned Admission Number is 90 pupils per year group, 270 pupils in total.
Following successful consultation between Friday 2nd October 2015 to Friday 13th November 2015, Governors of Church Hill Infant School met on Thursday 26th November 2015 and ratified the revised Admission arrangement for the academic year 2017 – 2018 and subsequent years until further notice.
A summary of the changes:
- There is no change to the school’s catchment area.
- The policy will apply to first time admissions (Foundation Stage) and mid – year (in – year) admissions (Foundation Stage, Year 1 and Year 2) at the school.
- Admission Policy from September 2017 - For entry from 2017 and all subsequent mid – year (in – year) applications, Church Hill Infant School will continue to adopt Leicestershire County Council’s Policy with the following exceptions:
- Admission number - The school will NOT go over the admission number (90) for in year and catchment movement. This means if you have moved to the catchment area and the school has reached their admission number for your child’s year group, the school will not overfill beyond 90 and your child will not be admitted into Church Hill infant School
- First time admissions - The school will NOT go over the admission number (90) for first time admissions. This applies even if you live in the catchment area.
- Over subscription List - The school will use a revised over-subscription list. This is NOT in line with Leicestershire’s Admission Policy. Pupils who have a sibling in either Church Hill Infant School and / or Church Hill C of E Junior School will get priority over children living in the catchment area. Full information regarding the over-subscription list can be viewed in the Admission Consultation document below.
Applications for a school place should be made via Leicestershire County Council or Leicester City Council, more information on this process can be found by using the links to their websites below.
This link will take you to the Leicestershire County Council Online Admissions service, please use this link if you live in LEICESTERSHIRE COUNTY.
This link will take you to the Leicester City Online Admissions service, please use this link if you live in LEICESTER CITY.
Please Note: If you are unsure whether you need to apply to city or county please check who sends you your Council Tax Statement, or call into the school office where we can advise you.